Do you want to deactivate your Instagram? You might want to stop using social media, and not just for a short time. People are deleting their social media accounts more often than ever to focus less on online culture. Permanently deleting your Instagram account may seem like a significant step, but it’s easy to carry out if you’re ready to be free of your profile and get some spare time back in your life. Let’s look at how to delete your Instagram account permanently.
Save Your Data On Instagram Before You Delete Your Account.
Before you do something out of anger or because you want to delete your Instagram account for good, it’s a good idea to back up your account. You can’t add it back later, and you might have photos, interactions, and friends that are important to you. Instagram will delete your account and everything in it, including your photos, likes, comments, and friends, when you delete your account. Follow these steps to save your account information:
- Open “Instagram” and tap the “profile icon” in the lower right corner.
- Tap the “hamburger icon” (Menu) in the top right corner, then tap “Settings” at the bottom.
- Select “Security,” then tap the “Download Data” option.
Within 48 hours, Instagram will send an email to the address you gave with a full copy of your profile. Your photos, comments, profile information, and anything else you might need to get to in the future are all in the email. Even if you don’t think you’ll ever need this information again, this is a necessary step to make sure your information is safe if you ever want to look at it. If you don’t do this, you’ll lose all of your data; no matter how hard you try, you’ll never get it back.
Once you’ve saved your Instagram information, you can delete your account. Users can do one of two things. The first is to delete your Instagram account and everything connected to it for good. The second is a temporary solution.
Your Instagram account can only be deleted permanently through a browser, but you can do this on both mobile and desktop browsers. Before your profile disappears permanently, Instagram will hide your account for 30 days. So, if you change your mind, you can bring it back. Here’s how to get rid of your Instagram account permanently:
- Go to the unique “Delete Your Instagram Account” page on your browser (ensure that you’re logged in
- Select a reason for deletion from the drop-down menu.
- Click or tap the “Delete” button to confirm your decision.
If you just want a break from Instagram or don’t want to make an irrational choice, disable your Instagram account instead of deleting it. When you disable it, you are logged out and your profile is hidden. From the point of view of the people who follow you, you might as well have deleted the account. But with this method, if your profile is temporarily disabled, you can turn it back on at any time by logging back in. To disable your account, follow these steps:
- Go to “Instagram.com “from your browser on any device (you cannot do this from the app)
- Log in if prompted to do so.
- Click or tap on the “profile icon” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click or tap “Profile,” then select “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down and tap “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button.
- You get asked why you are doing this. Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your account password.
- Click or tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
By resetting and deleting your Instagram account for good, you can finally give yourself some personal time to escape and leave behind the ever-present slog of online culture. Of course, temporarily deactivating your account is a good option if you’re looking to get away for a while, but otherwise, delete away to protect your identity and personality—and your sanity. Do you have any experience or questions regarding deleting an Instagram account? Please share with us in the comment section below.
In this article, we discuss Instagram accounts if you like this continue reading and support our website for more information.